Bar Point, New South Wales, Australia
up to 4 guests2 bedrooms1.5 bath
- Perfect for 2, but can sleep 4
- Family friendly
- Sit on top kayaks provided
- Private jetty & sandy beachfront
- Smart TV . DVD player w DVD library
- WiFi . Good mobile coverage w all providers
- Outdoor undercover dining
What to do
- Just relax by the river
- Swim on the high tide
- Catch dinner from the jetty
- Kayak along the Popran National Park shore
- Indulge in long lunch at Peats Bite
- Explore the Hawkesbury by self drive boat
- The Experience
- What Is Here
- What to bring
- Getting Here . Arrive By Boat
- Booking Information
- Own Boat Info
ALLAWAH in the Hawkesbury River truly epitomises holiday living by the waters edge. A series of bifold doors both in the living space and in the master bedroom open out to embrace the river. The open plan living space guarantees river views of the river.
The master bedroom with its own balcony is the perfect spot to laze away with a coffee or a good book. The second bedroom is smaller with a double bed and tranquil views to the rear rainforest garden.
Both the lounge & the main bedroom have reverse cycle air conditioning. There is also a wood fired combustion pot belly for an ambient fire on the cooler evenings. Bring a bag or two of wood from the service station, we provide kindling, paper & firelighters.
The kitchen is well equipped with gas cooktop, electric oven, fridge / freezer, single drawer dishwasher and a webber hooded BBQ on outside deck….the water supply is from a nearby natural spring. If you are uncomfortable drinking this, then perhaps BYO drinking water….the lounge has a small space set aside for multi channel TV , DVD viewing.
Outside there are lawns & terraces for relaxation and 2 SIT ON TOP KAYAKS with lifejackets for exploring the river shoreline. The sandy river beach is tidal, so perfect for taking a dip on the high tide.
WHAT TO BRING
- sheets & towels [ unless other arrangements have been made – linen service available] We provide quilts with cotton / linen covers, cotton throws, pillow & mattress protectors
- favourite off line play list . reading material
- all fishing equipment including hooks, bait, sinkers
- toiletries, personal belongings including swimwear, & beach towels
- personal repellant, sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- wood for fire optional :- coles petrol stations have easy to carry bags of wood at approx $11; 2 bags for 2 nights is suitable for a ambient fire …reverse cycle air con is main heat source
- food & beverage – there are no shops. We recommend planning a menu & shop list to avoid bringing the kitchen sink!!!
We recommend you check the forecast & pack accordingly ……..
- names of all the properties of interest
- number of guests inc. children
- if you have your own trailer boat or if we should send some boat options to you
- any other relevant info such as number of rooms/beds required
CALL US – on 0401 308 888 or email email@example.com if you have any questions . NOTE that we often have mobile reception issues if we are out & about in a shadow spot on the river.
If you plan to arrive by own trailer boat up to 6m with an engine capacity greater than 30hp, there are many more areas in the Hawkesbury River network for you to explore.
From Bar Point you can travel down stream to Dangar Island , Brooklyn, and into Cowan Waters where Cottage Point, Bobbin Head , Refuge Bay & Jerusalem Bay are located
We wil provide additional information suited to you / your boat