The Australian Reptile Park
The easiest way to get to the Australian Reptile Park is via car. We’re only 60 minutes north of outer Sydney and south of Newcastle. Take the Gosford exit off the M1 Freeway and follow the signs to our location at Somersby on the Old Pacific Highway. Phone: +612 4340 1022 Email: email@example.com
The Australian Reptile Park is a hands-on, interactive zoo, based in Somersby on the beautiful NSW Central Coast in Australia. It’s the best place in Australia to interact with native animals and catch exciting wildlife shows!
It’s rich and fascinating history began with the late and great Eric Worrell. What started with humble beginnings in 1958 has now grown into one of Australia’s premier tourist attractions.
As the only zoo in Australia committed to saving lives with a snake and spider venom milking programs, The Australian Reptile Park contributed to saving over 300 lives a year for the past 50 years. The venom that we produce is used to generate all land snake and funnel-web spider antivenom in Australia.
What to expect?
- Hand-feed kangaroos in our free-range kangaroo area – it’s the best place to see kangaroos in Australia!
- Meet Hugo the giant Galapagos tortoise on his daily walk through the Park
- Have a close encounter with a koala, alligator, python and more at our daily photo sessions
- Witness the ferocious power of Elvis, Australia’s Crankiest Croc. Click here for show times.
- See over 40 species of native and exotic reptiles in the Lost World of Reptiles and throughout the Park
- Visit Spider World to see a funnel-web spider milking and check out Tarantula-ville – home to some of the largest spiders in Australia!
- See the endangered Tasmanian devil and discover how the Australian Reptile Park is helping Aussie Ark to save the iconic species.
- Enjoy the children’s adventure playground, cafe and picnic areas and free BBQs
- Go behind the scenes with a Private Tour or Zookeeper Programs.