Milsons Passage, New South Wales, Australia
up to 4 guests2 bedrooms
- Indoor outdoor living
- Perfect for 2, but can sleep 4
- Modern kitchen . Old world dining
- Private jetty & pontoon
- Deep stone bathtub for two in master ensuite
- WiFi . No TV
- Outdoor firepit
What to do
- Just relax watch the boats pass by
- Swim on the high tide
- Take a day trip by self drive boat
- Go kayaking along river shoreline
- Indulge in a long Peats Bite lunch
- Hang in the hammock
- Take a walk into Mugomarra Nature Reserve
- The Experience
- What Is Here
- What to bring
- Getting Here . Arrive By Boat
- Booking Information
- Own Boat Info
The Milson is no ordinary weekender. The luxury fit out includes both custom-made features and antique elements. These combine to create a very casual atmosphere, in a very pristine setting, all less than a one hour drive from the Sydney CBD.
There’s no better place to relax and unwind than The Milson and for those who want to add in a bit of action, you can explore the river using our kayaks and canoes. You can also go crabbing ( catch mud and blue swimmer crabs from the end of the jetty from September through to June), spend the day out on the water fishing, visit one of the Hawkesbury’s many hidden inlets and sandy beaches or head out for a bush walk along the local trails from the rear of the property.
The Milson is also one of the few properties in the area that is north facing so maximum sunshine on winter days and enjoy the afternoon shade in the summer.
WHAT TO BRING
- favourite off line play list . reading material
- fishing equipment including hooks, bait, sinkers
- toiletries, personal belongings including swimwear, & beach towels
- personal repellant, sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- wood for fire optional :- coles petrol stations have easy to carry bags of wood at approx $11; 2 bags for 2 nights is suitable for a ambient outdoor fire …reverse cycle air con is main heat source
- food & beverage – there are no shops. We recommend planning a menu & shop list to avoid bringing the kitchen sink!!!
We recommend you check the forecast & pack accordingly ……..
- names of all the properties of interest
- number of guests inc. children
- if you have your own trailer boat or if we should send some boat options to you
- any other relevant info such as number of rooms/beds required
CALL US – on 0401 308 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions . NOTE that we often have mobile reception issues if we are out & about in a shadow spot on the river.
If you plan to arrive by own trailer boat up to 6m with an engine capacity greater than 30hp, there are many more areas in the Hawkesbury River network for you to explore.
From Milsons Passage you can travel down stream to Dangar Island , Brooklyn, and into Cowan Waters where Cottage Point, Bobbin Head , Refuge Bay & Jerusalem Bay are located
We wil provide additional information suited to you / your boat
NOTE that a few times a year tides during part of the day are lower then a 0.3m . When this occurs the foreshore water by the THE MILSON pontoon may be too shallow to manouvre a std trailer boat . So guests need to plan around not approaching or departing the jetty for approx 1.5 hrs either side of the low . As long as skipper checks tides for the paned stay it is easy to work around these few days of super low tide.