Bar Point, New South Wales, Australia
2 guests1 bedroom1 queen . 1 bathoom w bathtub
- Just for 2
- Original cottage & private boatshed
- Spacious bathroom with freestanding bathtub
- 2 seater canoe
- WiFi . smart TV
- Outdoor heated plunge pool
What to do
- Relax in the plunge pool under the stars
- Watch the sunset from the boatshed
- Catch dinner from the jetty
- Canoe along the Bar Point shoreline
- Treat yourself to a long soak in the bath
- Take a walk along the foreshore reserve
- The Experience
- What Is Here
- What to bring
- Getting Here . Arrive By Boat
- Booking Information
- Own Boat Info
LA RIVERAINE is a classic 50’s riverside cottage, set back from the foreshore reserve, beautifully restored and just a little bit French. Overflowing with charm and tranquility, La Riveraine offers guests privacy and serenity.
The original boat shed below the cottage, has been restored and is a completely private space. The boatshed is the place to be late afternoon through to at sunset, where the play of light on the water & the cliffs on opposite shore are everchanging
The plunge pool is an absolute haven both on hot summer days & on the cooler nights when the pool can be heated. There is a 2 seater canoe & a foreshore reserve track should you want to explore further afield, but chances are you will not want to leave.
WHAT TO BRING
- favourite off line play list . reading material
- fishing equipment including hooks, bait, sinkers
- toiletries, personal belongings including swimwear, & beach towels
- personal repellant, sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- food & beverage – there are no shops. We recommend planning a menu & shop list to avoid bringing the kitchen sink!!!
We recommend you check the forecast & pack accordingly ……..
TERMS FOR PAYMENT when booking direct w us, are that payment is ONLY by direct bank to bank transfer to the owners, of the full amount at time of making a booking . Owners will send payment & bond details to you & you then have a 24 hour hold, allowing time to deposit funds & return agreement along w receipt of direct transfer; note the security bond is $500.
If you plan to arrive by own trailer boat up to 6m with an engine capacity greater than 30hp, there are many more areas in the Hawkesbury River network for you to explore.
From Bar Point you can travel down stream to Dangar Island , Brooklyn, and into Cowan Waters where Cottage Point, Bobbin Head , Refuge Bay & Jerusalem Bay are located
We wil provide additional information suited to you / your boat.